Mattress Shopping in Delaware
Shopping for a mattress is exciting, especially if you are really tired of your old one, but it can also be overwhelming and confusing! All those white rectangles – they look the same, how to choose? At Urban Furniture Outlet, we are here to help make shopping for furniture and mattresses easy. Here’s how.
- We’ll comfort test you. We are here to help you find your ideal mattress for your needs and sleep style. The best way to figure that out is let us comfort test you. We’ll show you some different styles to see which fits your needs the best – firm, pillow top, memory foam, pocketed coils, etc…
- We’ve got styles you can take home today. We stock the styles we show in our showrooms. Many styles you can take home same day. Stop in today and let us help you find what you need!
- We’ll save you BIG money over those large chains. You don’t have to spend a ton of money to get a great value in your mattress. Nothing burns us more than hearing the crazy prices folks are being quoted at other stores. At UFO, we work hard to find great values in furniture and mattresses and pass those savings along to you. We hear time and time again, how glad our customers are they shopped with us. They saved time and money and found just what they needed.
Those are just some of the ways we’ll help you when shopping for a mattress in Delaware. Here’s some common mistakes to avoid while buying a mattress.
Mattress Shopping Mistakes to Avoid
- Not laying on the mattresses. Seriously, we see it every day. Pushing your hand down on a mattress to test it or sitting gingerly on the very edge. If you are buying a mattress PLEASE lay on it and the way you would normally sleep (i.e. on your side, stomach, back, etc.) Stay there for a couple minutes. We have mattress footers on ALL our mattresses just for that reason, so customers can lay on and test out our mattresses. This is the best way to find the ideal mattress for you.
- Going for the cheapest mattress. At UFO, we sell all kinds of mattresses value styles to higher end. There are a lot of styles and price points in between. You’ll on average have your mattress for 10 years. Most of us don’t want to worry about replacing a mattress too often. We offer a lot of options, be sure to comfort test all the styles, compare features and prices, and decide which is the best for you.
- Forgetting the mattress protector. Most mattresses will have a manufacturer’s warranty. Did you know any stains or soiled marks on mattress void most warranties? If you invest in a new mattress, be sure to pick up one of our mattress protectors to protect and extend the life of your mattress. They are also great for keeping out dust mites and other allergens and are easy to spot clean and wash as needed.
And don’t forget these tips…
- Measure your bedroom doorway. OK, so most of the time, the mattress fits, but we have a lot of folks who have trouble getting box foundations into their bedroom. If you have an older home, narrow hallways, or quick turns, etc – make sure you measure your space before you purchase your box foundation. We do sell split queen foundations that come in 2 pieces to make it easier to get into narrow spaces. We also have high rise platform bases that can be used instead of a box foundation and even better – they come in a box. Most can fit right in your car vs. having to get a truck to pick up a big box foundation.
- Replace your pillow. We’ve got great styles in pillows at our stores – if you are investing in a new mattress set – don’t forget to replace your pillows! Pillows over time will get misshapen and lumpy leaving you waking up with an aching neck. Replace your pillows periodically will greatly improve the quality of your sleep.
There’s our top tips for buying a mattress in Delaware. Stop in our New Castle or Dover mattress galleries today! Our friendly sales teams are here to help make mattress shopping easy and get you on your way to a great night’s sleep tonight!
~Your Friends at UFO