Ways to Thank a Veteran on Veterans Day 2019
Veterans Day is observed on Monday, November 11th 2019 this year. Veterans Day is a day we recognize and show appreciation to all our current men and women who serve our armed forces, as well as those who have served in the past. It is also a time to recognize their families and the sacrifices they make everyday for our country and others.
For a list of Veterans Day events in Delaware CLICK HERE.
Here are ways you can thank a veteran throughout the year:
- Attend a Veterans Day event
- Attend an event/museum that allows you the opportunity to learn more about our armed services
- When you meet a veteran, thank them for their service
- Ask a veteran about their experience
- Fly a flag outside your home or business
- Volunteer at VA or American Legion organizations
- Donate to organizations that support our veterans
- Write letters to support our servicemen and women – Operation Gratitude
- Participate in drives for care packages for troops like – Stockings for Soldiers
We want to thank all our veterans and their families this Veterans Day for all you do!
~ Your Friends at UFO