Always Bring These Things When Shopping for Furniture
Shopping for furniture can be so much fun and also a little overwhelming! There is so much to choose from and it’s tough knowing what styles best fit your needs and your home. At UFO, we want to make furniture shopping easy – here are our top things you should bring when shopping for furniture.
- Measurements – Our first recommendation is that you take measurements of your home, your furniture, or apartment. This includes – doorways, narrow hallways, low ceilings, spaces for new furniture available. Be sure to factor in doorways, room flow (i.e. how people walk through space), windows, outlets, mattress size, TV placement, and how the room and furniture will function and be used. Items often appear smaller in our large, open showrooms – so it’s a good idea to measure your space and our furniture BEFORE you bring home so to make sure it fits perfectly.
- Photos – Shop our website, Pinterest, Instagram, etc. for ideas of styles and trends you love. Take pictures of rooms you are shopping for and items you want to match or incorporate. The more pictures and details you come into our stores with – the easier it is for our friendly sales associates to go on that furniture shopping journey with you and help you find you great options to bring your room together just the way you envisioned!
- Prioritize Wants vs. Needs – It’s important before you shop, to prioritize wants and needs. What rooms are most important to focus on first, are there things that can wait? At UFO, we have a wide selection of styles and prices, as well as flexible payment and financing programs available. Knowing what you feel comfortable with spending as well as your goals for your shopping will help ensure you get what you came for at a price you can afford and feel comfortable with. We also have a great layaway program for things you might want and are willing to pay over time to bring home in future.
- Partner/Trusted Friend/Family Member – Shopping is always easier with a second opinion, especially if that someone shares your home and the furniture you are shopping for! Make a day of it and bring your partner along to help you make that final decision, especially if they’ll be using it. Try and discuss before hand what you both agree on and where you’ll compromise.
- Smile – Shopping should be fun! We have lots of different styles and your home should be a reflection of your personality and style. We are here to help you focus in on what you want, need, and make a great choice that works for your family and your home. Let our friendly sales associates help in making shopping for your home easy and enjoy yourself a long the way.
Happy Shopping! 🙂
~ Your Friends at UFO!